Treating Gum Recession with the Pinhole Surgical Technique
The Pinhole Surgical Technique PST™ was invented and patented by John Chao, D.D.S. and has been deemed a ‘breakthrough’ technique for gum recession and treatment options for receding gums.
Gum recession is just one of the signs of gum disease, but can also be caused by using the wrong tooth brushing technique or as a side effect of certain medications that increase the risk of periodontal disease. Traditional gum surgery and some orthodontic treatments can also cause gum recession because healthy tissue has to be removed to eradicate the infection. The Pinhole Surgical Technique PST™ may be an attractive alternative to gum grafting because it is a non-invasive procedure. Unlike gum grafting procedures, there is no cutting of the gum tissue involved.
Benefits of the Pinhole Surgical Technique
Some of the key benefits of PST™ include:
- Minimally invasive alternative to gum surgery
- No bleeding, swelling, or pain that is associated with gum surgery
- Immediate cosmetic benefits
- Corrects gum recession without surgery
- No incisions or sutures involved
- Fast recovery and healing time
- Multiple teeth can be treated in a single visit
- Healthier and more attractive smile